Bali Belly

Home Forums Bali Forum Bali Belly

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by scotto scotto 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Beaker
    Beaker
    Participant

Is Bali belly still a thing? I remember getting Bali Belly when I first went to Bali more than 15 years ago. Last time I went I didn’t suffer from it at all.

What is the best thing to take if you get Bali Belly? I am going back to Bali for the first time in a fair few years and only have 1 week holiday so don’t want to miss out on getting out and about being stuck close to the toilet 😉

scotto
    scotto

Bali Belly is still a big thing. I was in Indonesia for 3 weeks in December 2018, in Bali, Jakarta and Labuan Bajo. It was right at the end of my trip, I had gone to a restaurant in Seminyak for dinner, woke up next morning at 5am with diarrhea and vomiting.

It wasn’t really bad but I spent all day in the villa watching TV and being close to the toilet. Next day I was fine.

One of the locals told me that the best thing to take for Bali Belly is to drink coconut water. I didn’t try but will next time. I guess it re-hydrates you and gives your body some sugar. I didn’t eat all day long so I guess it could have helped.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.