Solo female traveling in Indonesia

Home Forums Indonesia General Discussion Solo female traveling in Indonesia

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by scotto scotto 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

lisalove
    Participant

I will be traveling alone in Indonesia. I will have 2 days in Jakarta and then I head to Bali for 1 week and then I want to go somewhere after Bali.

I am looking at either visiting the Gili Islands or possible going to Sumatra for something completely different than relaxing on the beach.

Any advice for a solo female traveler in Indonesia?

scotto
    scotto

I have met many solo female travelers in Indonesia. I think Indonesia is one of the ‘safer’ countries for single female travelers but ofcourse you still need to be careful.

I think Bali is probably the safer place for you to travel as are the Gili Islands. You probably have to be more careful of the tourists that visit Gili Islands than of the locals.

I have visited Sumatra many times and it is there I have met more single female travelers than any where else in Indonesia. If you visit Bukit Lawang just be careful of the Sumatran playboys with their guitars and good humour. They are mostly harmless but still need to be careful. They love to chase the ‘bule’ girls (white girls). Sort of a notch on their bed posts if you know what I mean.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.